Appstle VS Seal Subscription
An Alternative to Seal Subscriptions
Why Appstle℠ Subscriptions & Loyalty Is The Best
There’s a high preference for ecommerce subscriptions. And there’s equal amount of competition, too. For growing businesses, it’s a must to keep up with customer demands for subscriptions.
And for that, you need an efficient subscription tool to help you. There are several apps, but many of them offer limited features and capabilities that make it difficult for businesses to scale. And hence, a lot of merchants look to make a shift to other apps.
If you’re a subscriptions business looking for an alternative to Seal, here’s one of the best Shopify subscriptions apps – Appstle Subscriptions & Loyalty.
What is the Seal subscriptions app?
Seal is a subscriptions and loyalty app for ecommerce stores. The app helps online stores set up and manage subscriptions and recurring payments business models.
The app boasts of features such as quick and easy configuration, self-managed subscriptions, one-time items, loyalty discounts and gifts, etc.
Many Shopify merchants use Seal. However, the app poses limitations to businesses that are looking to scale. And that is why, many of them are looking for alternatives to Seal subscriptions.
Here’s a look at one of the best subscriptions apps — Apostle Subscriptions and Loyalty.
What is Appstle Subscriptions and Loyalty?
Appstle is one of the most-preferred apps for subscriptions businesses or businesses that use subscriptions as one of their business models.. Ranking number one, it is the only five star app in the subscriptions category. The app currently supports more than 7000 Shopify businesses across industries.
From basic to advanced, the app’s capabilities are designed to comprehensively address all kinds of customer requirements. One of the few subscriptions apps that are suited to scaling and growing businesses, the app helps improve conversion, drive traffic to the store, upsell, set up personalized promotions, customization, and more.
Amongst its most talked about features is Appstle’s 24x7x365 product and customer support. Merchants are able to receive quick and efficient solutions to any problems on the site directly by merchant success team members.
Some of Appstle’s key features are:
- Supports different types of subscription models
- Self-managed subscriptions for customers
- Targeted upselling
- Multi-tier discounts
- Custom shipping
- Dunning and cancellation
- Merchants can create and manage different types of subscription plans
- Seamless migration from other apps
- Personalized email notifications for customers
- Auto billing for subscription products
- Real-time product performance tracker
Why Appstle Subscriptions and Loyalty is the best alternative to Seal subscriptions?
Appstle enables different types of subscription models
Appstle allows businesses to set-up and manage different types of subscription models such as the Build a Box that makes customers’ subscriptions experience convenient. In this model, customers can pick and choose the products they want in their delivery and keep changing it with every delivery. But Seal subscriptions doesn’t allow all types of subscription models. It has limitations, which is a huge drawback for businesses.
The type of subscription model you set up would depend on your industry and customer preferences. But if your app lacks this capability, you’d be stuck with just one or two types of models that might not even be relevant to your business. This is one of the biggest reasons for merchants to look for Seal subscriptions alternatives.
Appstle offers advanced subscriptions management features
Appstle offers comprehensive functionalities that make customers’ subscriptions experience convenient and better. Seal, on the other hand, offers lesser features. Moreover, with its always-on customer service, Appstle makes it super easy for merchants to use its different features, however advanced.
Many businesses focus only on acquiring and sign-up of customers. But what if customers cancel their subscriptions? Is your app set up for managing all the tasks related to cancellation? Appstle is. With Appstle, you can choose multiple pathways depending on customer actions and increase retention.
When customers initiate cancellation, your subscriptions app should be smart enough to try to retain them by changing their mind. Appstle is designed to offer a discount to customers when they initiate cancellation.
Segment based plan
There are different types of customers who have different preferences. What if you could separate customers into different segments and offer them subscription plans based on their preferences? That’s something Appstle Subscriptions and Loyalty app is designed to do. For example, you can create customer segments that prefer different subscription models.
Multi-tier discounts are configured in a way that the amount of discount changes as per the amount a customer spends. For example, 10% discount after every 20 deliveries and free shipping after 10 deliveries. This way, you can cater to customers of different average order values by offering different levels of discounts.
Upselling is based on the idea of offering a better product that could add more value to the customer in place of the one the customer is interested in. Appstle’s advanced capabilities can help your business to upsell to customers.
Appstle offers excellent product & customer support by dedicated, highly technical teams
There’s a lot that goes on in subscriptions businesses. From signing up new customers to timely billing, multi-tier discounts for different customer categories to attending customer queries. It’s a high-stress environment.
But thanks to subscriptions apps such as Appstle that provide top notch customer service. One reason merchants prefer Appstle over other subscription apps is it’s quick and efficient customer service.
- Appstle offers 24x7x365 support
- It has dedicated, highly technical product and customer support teams
- The team members provide hand-holding to merchants through different processes
- Appstle provides a human-to-human customer service experience, as opposed to automated bot support on other apps
- Appstle’s support team is easy to contact through the merchant dashboard
- The teams respond within a few minutes and provide relevant support to tackle specific merchant issues
This is one reason Appstle is a better alternative to Seal subscriptions. Appstle merchant reviews are proof.
Easy to add new functionalities
Online subscriptions business models are highly dependent on technology. Today’s tech-savvy customers expect brands to provide the best experience with the most advanced features.
And that’s where lies the importance of having a highly advanced app such as Appstle. The app makes it possible to add new functionalities and advanced features with ease. For those businesses that are looking to scale and grow with the market trends, it’s a must to keep upgrading your subscriptions app with the latest functionalities.
Here are some Appstle functionalities that merchants find extremely helpful:
- The app supports all types of subscription models, which makes it easy for brands to cater to different customer preferences. Seal subscriptions lacks this capability
- You can manage subscriptions from both the Appstle merchant portal and Shopify admin page
- Send unlimited personalized emails to customers to improve retention. Resend emails if required.
- Customers can access and manage their subscriptions from an efficient customer portal
- Customers can swap/ add/ delete products in an existing subscription
- Access to details – in/active subscriptions, performance metrics, etc.
- Robust webhooks and APIs to customize subscriptions
- Customize currency, language, etc.
Appstle enables easy migration from other apps
Subscription businesses that are looking to scale and grow need tools that support them in their growth. This is one reason many merchants are looking for Seal subscriptions alternatives.
And that’s where Appstle comes in. Appstle provides access to merchants to its dedicated migration support teams. Throughout the transition process, the support teams provide hand-holding for a seamless shift.
What is more, Appstle easily integrates with other apps required for marketing, help desk, page building, and automation, among other functionalities.
Here’s how Appstle seamlessly integrates with other apps:
- Appstle provies 24x7x365 support to merchants and hand-holding through the integration process
- Easily integrates with third-party apps as well as within app features
- The easy integration helps brands expand features on their store
- Some apps that Appstle integrates with are Bundle, Gorgias, Growave, Langify, Klaviyo, PageFly, Yotpo among others
- Find Appstle’s full integration list here
- Seamless migration from V1 and V2 apps. Supports 2.0 themes
In order to attract customers to your subscriptions and to keep them engaged, you’d need some level of customization. Or else, your subscription plans might fail to stand out from the crowd.
Customers look for subscriptions that are unique and also cater to their needs. And the easiest way for brands to create unique subscription models is through customization.
Here are some of Appstle’s customization capabilities:
- Customize labels and text when creating subscription plans
- Customize email notifications text and appearance
- Highly customizable functionalities in the merchant dashboard
- Custom shipping – Appstle merchants can create and manage multiple shipping profiles based on weight, order value etc.
- Custom integration with internal systems
Coming to Seal subscriptions, even though the app provides customization features, it can be a challenge for merchants to use those features. This makes Appstle one of the best alternatives to Seal.
Appstle has customer retention capabilities
It’s possible that at times customers’ actions don’t go the way you would like them to go. For example, a payment fails and the customer leaves your site. Or, customers initiate subscription cancellations.
At such times, if you don’t set-up your subscriptions tool to take the necessary steps to retain customers, you could lose significant business.
To increase retention in these conditions, Appstle has advanced functionalities to recapture failed transactions and take steps based on customer pulse.
Appstle’s customer retention features include:
- Customization of the cancellation flow by including additional steps
- Questionnaire to gauge reasons for cancellation
- Quick-action, intuitive features to control churn rate
- Quick payment failed notifications and nudge to retry payment to customers
Capabilities to boost customer engagement and CLTV
There is immense competition in the subscriptions industry, and hence, brands have to consistently put efforts into customer engagement and to increase the customer lifetime value.
And that’s where Appstle Subscriptions and Loyalty helps. The app is designed with excellent features to help boost brand engagement and loyalty.
- Smooth recurring payments experience
- Customers can self-manage many actions
- Features that support upselling
- Multi-tier discounts
- Custom shipping
- Dunning and cancellation management
- Real-time analytics
- Language and currency customization for customers’ ease
- Appstle helps simplify customers’ subscriptions experience
- Loyalty rewards, free trials and gifts for loyalty
Seal subscriptions app offers few customer engagement features compared to Appstle.
Different customers might expect different things from your subscriptions app. Hence, it’s important to have many features, including advanced capabilities in your app. That way, you won’t have to install different apps to enable various features.
Appstle Subscriptions and Loyalty app has a comprehensive suite of features required to perform different types of tasks on the app.
- Easy set up
- Automated notifications
- Multi-tier discounts
- Cancellation management
- Real-time performance tracker
- Many types of subscription plans
- Product swap/ delete
- One-time product inclusion
- Auto billing
- Language, currency customization
- Recapture failed transactions
- One-off discount codes
Although Seal subscriptions offers a long list of features, compared to Appstle, which is designed in a highly customer-centric way, Seal might lose points in convenience and ease of use of those features.
Whether it’s Shopify merchants or the end customers, both expect some level of flexibility in the subscriptions app. When digital platforms of businesses lack flexibility, it negatively affects both merchant and end-customer experience.
The direct result: merchants look for alternative apps, and customers tend to cancel subscriptions.
That’s why you need Appstle for your Shopify subscriptions business.
- Appstle’s dashboard allows customers highly customizable functionalities
- Custom shipping – Appstle merchants can create and manage multiple shipping profiles based on geo, weight, order value etc.
- Appstle allows highly customizable CSS and functionalities from the dashboard
- Merchants can manage subscription plans from the product description pages and from the merchant portal
- It provides flexibility in operations, as well
Ready to harness the capabilities of Appstle Subscriptions and Loyalty?
Whether you’re about to launch your subscriptions business or you’re already running one on a subscriptions app and looking to migrate, Appstle is undoubtedly one of the best subscriptions apps for Shopify stores.
If you’re looking for efficient alternatives to Seal subscriptions, reach out to us. Conversely, you could easily install Appstle and contact our support team.