Thinking of starting a subscription model for your business? Here is a list of the best eCommerce subscriptions platforms.
Did you know that subscription-based eCommerce brands grew their overall customer base by 31% in 2021 alone?
The global eCommerce subscription market size is expected to grow to a whopping $904.2 billion industry by 2026.
The demand for subscriptions is steadily rising, and that’s great news for anyone in the eCommerce space.
But it also makes it a more competitive one, so it’ll be increasingly important for sellers to create a unique value proposition. After all, something will catch consumers’ eyes more than just “we do everything.”
How do you make sure that yours is what you’re offering? To be able to set them up and really succeed, you need the right platform to get things going. In this article, you will find a list of 7 Best eCommerce Subscriptions Platforms, which we hope will give you an insight into the value they offer and help you decide on which one to use for your business.
7 best eCommerce subscriptions platforms and apps for your business
When setting up a subscription business it is important to be very clear from the start about your terms and conditions; choosing the right subscription platform is vital.
Consistently ranked No. 1 by Shopify, Appstle helps you build incredible subscription experiences with just a few taps and clicks. This powerful Shopify app comes with unmatched flexibility to help you tailor your subscription model to your needs.
It’s the perfect tool for eCommerce platforms that want to offer subscription-based products, but don’t want to spend hours figuring out how to make it work. Appstle does all of the heavy liftings for you, so you can focus on what really matters: creating amazing products and delivering them to your customers.
4.9/5.0 (1800+ reviews)
- Appstle’s easy-to-use admin dashboard provides management features and automations
- Get access to an array of subscription widgets that help you grow your subscriber base. Create upsells, bundles, build-a-box features, and more in a few clicks
- 24/7 customer support
- Advanced analytical tools that let you dive deep into your subscription analytics with growth-focused metrics
Appstle takes 0% transaction fees on all sales made irrespective of which pricing plan you subscribe to.
Appstle offers 4 plans –
The Appstle Free is Free forever until your store reaches $500/month in subscription revenue. This plan gives you access to –
- Subscription creation & management
- Pay as you go & prepaid plans
- Preset delivery dates
- Unlimited emails
- Payment retry
- 24/7 support
The Appstle Starter plan costs $10/month when billed monthly or $96/year when billed annually.
This plan is suitable for businesses with up to $5000/month in subscription revenue. It provides you with all features offered in the Free plan. In addition, you get access to –
- Custom shipping plans
- Loyalty features
- 1-click customer portal login
- Inventory forecasts
- Weekly summary reports
The Appstle Premium plan costs $30/month when billed monthly or $288/year when billed annually.
This plan is suitable for businesses with up to $30,000/month in subscription revenue. It provides you with all features offered in the Starter plan. In addition, you get access to –
- Build-a-Box & Bundling
- Custom widget
- Product swap
- Bulk automations
- Email domain
- Retention tools
- Activity log
The Appstle Business Premium plan costs $100/month when billed monthly or $960/year when billed annually.
This plan is suitable for businesses with up to $100,000/month in subscription revenue. It provides you with all features offered in the Premium plan. In addition, you get access to –
- Appstle Menu
- 1-click checkout
- Quick action email links
- API & webhooks
You can also reach the Appstle team to help you with a custom Enterprise plan.
2. RecurrinGO! Subscriptions
RecurrinGO! is a subscription app that allows you to create and manage subscriptions easily and quickly. It’s easy to use, so it’s perfect for everyone from beginners to professionals. You can create a subscription box, membership, or any other kind of recurring purchase in just a few minutes!
4.7/5.0 (180+ reviews)
- Automatic charges and recurring invoices
- Pay-per-delivery & prepaid subscriptions with flexible discount options
- Intuitive customer portal
- Analytical reports
- Easy cancellation and dunning management
RecurrinGO! Subscriptions take a transaction fee (1% – 0.25%) on every sale made. This fee varies across the different plans offered by them.
RecurrinGO! Subscriptions offers 4 plans –
- Starter – Free
- Basic – $9/month
- Plus – $29/month
- Pro – $99/month
3. Seal Subscriptions℠ & Loyalty
Seal Subscriptions is a subscription-based platform that allows you to offer customers the ability to purchase products on a recurring basis. It’s also fully customizable so you can create the exact experience that works best for your customers.
4.9/5.0 (620+ reviews)
- Add tiered discounts, custom shipping, gifts, etc.
- Magic links that let customers access their subscriptions easily
- Great statistics, payment calendar, and more
- Custom email domains
Seal Subscriptions℠ & Loyalty offers 4 plans
- Free For Life – Free
- Supersale – $4.95/month when billed monthly or $41.58/year when billed annually
- Rising Star – $7.95/month when billed monthly or $66.78/year when billed annually
- Legend – $20/month when billed monthly or $168/year when billed annually
4. Ongoing Subscriptions
This app has everything you need to start selling recurring subscriptions, including a custom checkout interface, automated billing and invoicing, customer management tools, and more.
5.0/5.0 (100+ reviews)
- Create a subscription product with discount incentives easily
- Automatic recurring billing
- Automatically schedules subscription orders which pop up in your Shopify orders
- Failed payment recapture, including a suite of automatic emails for billing
Ongoing Subscriptions takes a transaction fee (3% – 1%) on every sale made. This fee varies across the different plans offered by them.
Ongoing Subscriptions offers 3 plans –
- Free – Free
- Pro – $99/month
- Enterprise – $299/month
5. PayWhirl Subscription Payments
PayWhirl is an online payment processing service that specializes in recurring billing and subscription payments. It’s easy to set up and lets you customize your payment plans and pricing structure.
4.8/5.0 (170+ reviews)
- Save payment methods and offer subscription discounts with ease
- Create simple subscription cancelation flows
- 10+ customizable notifications
- Powerful subscription analytics, churn statistics, and data exports
- Free migrations support
PayWhirl takes a transaction fee (3% – 0.5%) on every sale made. This fee varies across the different plans offered by them.
PayWhirl offers 4 plans –
- Starter – Free
- Pro – $9/month
- Plus – $49/month
- Ultimate – $249/month
6. Native Subscriptions
Native Subscriptions offers a subscription management platform for both physical and digital goods. The platform provides the tools you need to manage your subscriptions, including allowing you to set up different pricing tiers, set up recurring payments, and track subscriber information such as name and email address.
4.6/5.0 (80+ reviews)
- User-friendly for both merchants and customers
- Set fixed or percentage discounts on subscription products
- Create daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly frequency for subscription products
- Insightful analytical reports that show you updates of active, paused, & canceled subscriptions
Native Subscriptions takes 0% transaction fees on all sales made with their paid plan and 1% transaction fees on all sales made with their free plan.
Native Subscriptions offers 2 plans –
- Standard – Free
- Pro – $25/month when billed annually or $250/year when billed annually
7. Loop Subscriptions
Loop Subscriptions app is a mobile-first subscription application that allows you to create, customize, and manage your subscriptions quickly and easily. You can set up a subscription in minutes with the push of a button and manage it from the Loop Subscriptions app!
5.0/5.0 (120+ reviews)
- Mobile first & self-serve customer portal
- No-code workflow builder
- Subscriptions Retention stack: Cancellation surveys, discounts & reactivations
- Smart dunning management
Loop Subscriptions takes a transaction fee (1% – 0.75%) on every sale made. This fee varies across the different plans offered by them.
Loop Subscriptions offers 3 plans –
- Free Forever – Free
- Growth – $99/month
- Enterprise – $399/month
Which Shopify subscription app should you go for?
The subscription model is growing by leaps and bounds. It provides a compelling economic exchange for both businesses and consumers.
To find your footing in this domain, you will need the right set of tools and apps.
There are many subscription eCommerce subscription apps on Shopify, but we believe that these seven offer the most complete set of tools for subscription-based businesses. Whether you operate a niche or high-volume retail operation, each of these platforms provides the tools you need to stay ahead of trends in your market and increase your customer base.
However, when choosing your subscription app you should go for an app that not only makes setup easy but also offers ongoing support to help you succeed.
And that’s where Appstle takes the lead.
With Appstle, you can conveniently set up and manage subscriptions with robust merchant tools, and an intuitive UI.