Appstle Memberships, while rich in the features offered in the basic tier (free plan), to enable our merchants to try and experience various functionalities, offers some very high in-demand features in the priced plans.
This help doc will explain at a high level, what each feature is, to help you choose the plan that is the most suitable for your store’s memberships and growth needs.
Pricing and feature tier
- No. of Memberships: This refers to the total number of Memberships that a merchant can have, under a particular plan. If there is a high demand for memberships and loyalty plans from your customers, it might be beneficial for your store to take a higher plan, to capture all the potential recurring revenue.
- No Per Member Fees or other hidden fees: There are several membership apps and tools out there in the market, that charge merchants a defined percentage every month, for every member that is a part of your store’s Membership plans, for the entire lifetime of their membership! With time, this can be a lot of cost to you, sometimes going into ‘000s of dollars per month. Moreover, these per member costs are also highly variable when aggregated, and provide limited to no visibility to the merchants of their bills from the Membership app.Appstle Memberships charges a 0% per member fee, regardless of which plan our merchants are on. Yes, you read it right – 0%! This is a conscious and strategic business model decision we have made.
- 24X7X365 Support: Support is an often-overlooked factor, which becomes front and center, only when there is an issue. The Appstle team (across all our products within Appstle, as well as our other brands on Shopify), has always aspired to be a true partner to our merchants. This means, being available all the time – 24X7X365, to help you with your queries. Our customer support team is available via live chat or email. You can also schedule 1:1 sessions on Zoom/GoogleMeet with us, to go over specific tickets.When we say 24X7X365, we mean it!
- Membership Management: This feature facilitates the merchants, to easily manage membership. As a merchant, you can upgrade or downgrade the membership, change the price, next renewal date, and a lot more for specific members. There are multiple benefits to being able to do this.
- Members perk: Membership plans benefit both the store and the customers. The store gets an astounding opportunity to extend the loyalty and wallet share of customers, while the customers get net $ benefits, exclusivity, and other benefits.
Here are the perks offered by Appstle membership:
a. Limit Access (of) Add to Cart Button
b. Limit access to specific product pages
c. Limit access to specific blog pages (commonly used, if you are a content provider)
d. Limit access to specific collection pages (collection of product categories)
e. Limit access to specific pages
Discounts and $ benefits:
a. Free shipping discount
b. Percentage discount
c. Fixed amount discount
d. Buy X get Y discount
e. Email discount code to members
- Order and customer tags: Appstle memberships enables you to distinctly tag/mark your most loyal members and their renewal orders. This makes it easy to associate and provide special perks such as exlusivity and discounts to specific (and tagged) members and orders.Once you set the tag settings on the membership plan, Appstle will automatically apply the tags that you have set up in the membership plan, to all current and future members.
- Auto billing: With Appstle Memberships, you don’t need to worry about processing renewal payments. Appstle will Auto-renew the membership and the members will be billed automatically according to the membership frequency. The billing is done with a seamless and in-depth integration with Shopify checkout and its authorizd payment platforms. It is highly secure and rigorously compliant with local and international laws.
- Discount tier and loyalty: With this feature, Appstle enables you with the functionality to offer tiered discounts based on the length of an active membership. For example, you can use this feature to set a discount for memberships at 5%, for the first 5 recurring membership charges, and increase it to 10%, after 5 charges, to reward customers for staying with you long-term. In other words, you have the option to reward loyalty!
- Custom Email Domain: As discussed earlier in this article, Appstle offers the in-built functionality to send out customized and automated emails to your customers at strategic points in their membership journey. These emails are by default sent from Appstle’s server/email domain. However, we understand that some merchants would prefer the option of sending the emails from their own domains. Appstle accounts for this requirement and provides the functionality where merchants can connect their email DNS server to Appstle Memberships, to send the emails. We have detailed help docs and a 24X7 available product support team, to help you with this!
- Custom Email HTML: Appstle enables you to send automatic email notifications to your customers for many milestones such as membership creation, upcoming renewal and card decline, that occur during their membership journey with your store.
- Dunning Management: Simply put, dunning management refers to all actions taken to prevent and control involuntary customer churn. Appstle Memberships equips you with a set of sophisticated, yet easy to set up dunning management features, that you can use to automatically connect with your customers who have had failed transactions.
- Cancellation Management: Retaining loyal customers and reducing churn is often the key to success, as it comes with lower costs (retaining customers generally costs less than acquiring new customers). This is especially true when it concerns your most loyal customers who have a recurring relationship with your store, through active memberships!
Appstle is one of the very few apps that provides ‘cancellation management’ feature, a key functionality, to not just avoid customer/member churn, but to also help you know the pulse of your customers/members. With this feature, merchants can manage the cancellation by setting retention flows by providing customized alternate options to customers, asking tactical questions to understand the cancellation motive, etc.
- Analytics and Dashboard: A key element of business success is the ability to assess business performance in real-time and make iterative improvements based on strong data. Appstle Memberships offers its merchants the analytics feature to review and analyse the performance of their Membership plans and different perks offered for Memberships, and continuously improve and scale.
- Integration with 3rd Party Tools and Applications: Appstle strives to be a true partner to our merchants, and make sure that they receive the best and wholesome e-commerce store experience. For this, Appstle has partnered and integrated with other leading non-membership tools available on Shopify. These integrations are seamless and done with highly tested APIs. A few integrations we provide right now, are with Loyalty Lions, Klaviyo Email, Zapier, PageFly, Affiliate Marketing & Referal, Gorgias, Bundler, Pricing by Country, Uppromote Affiliate marketing, Yotpo Loyalty and Rewards, Growave – Loyalty Wishlist + 3, etc.If there are other apps out there, that you’d want Appstle to integrate with, just ping us on our chat or send us an email! We’d be happy to integrate with the 3P app.
- Manage & Modify Memberships: Appstle provides you the ability where you can manage/modify the memberships of your members on their behalf. This includes, but not limited to changing freduencies, updated profile details, providing one-off discounts to individual members, waiving fees, etc
- Member Portal Settings: Appstle also enables you to have complete control over the Member portal permissions, to allow/disallow your members, to manage their membership plans on their own, through the member portal.Appstle keeps adding sub-features to the Member Portal settings, to make it richer, and to align with merchant and end customer demand. So, keep checking periodically, to capitalize on our offerings!
- Custom Development: For Enterprise customers, Appstle offers the option, where the merchant can get in touch with the developers (through our chat widget or email), and ask for specific or custom features for their store. An engineer is then assigned to the merchant, to have further live conversations, and to work on the request hands-on.
- Complete widget CSS control: Appstle is an easy & ready to use Plug and Play tool, which requires zero coding knowledge. But we do know that there are some merchants who like to own and customize the code (CSS). If you are one of them, Appstle definitely takes care of you! Our Custom CSS and Subscription widget settings enable you to provide your own Custom CSS, and customize the look and feel of the subscription widget.
- Advanced Member Portals: This feature goes over and beyond the regular member portal settings feature, by providing you – the merchant, the access to the HTML portion of the member portal. This helps you to have complete control of the member portal’s styling, alignments, etc.
- Activity logs: As merchant, you can have access to easily readable complete history of your store’s memberships journey. This goes in-depth to invidual membership level, where you can see when each membership was started, updated, paused, cancelled, etc. This allows you to do robust analysis of your memberships strategy at a highly granular level, thus helping you scale your business faster.
- Bulk Automation: Appstle enables you to update your membership plan, the perks offered, pricing, renewal dates, etc in bulk. This saves considerable time, and allows you to dedicate your time to what matters most – growing your business!
- Full-fledged & Robust APIs and Webhooks: Appstle enables you to manage and modify your memberships using robust APIs, where you can perform multiple actions without going into each individual membership. We have well documented APIs that are easy to access, and make it and easy to perform updated to your memberships.
- Dedicated integration engineer: Appstle offers this special feature, in which we assign you – the merchant, a dedicated integration engineer to help you with setting up and integrating Appstle products to your store and theme. It is like a dedicated concierge service 🙂
If you have any questions on the features and functionalities described above, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org Our 24x7x365 available experts will be happy to assist you further.